What's new

Which HDMI Cable ? (1 Viewer)

stevenHa

Second Unit
I have a 65 inch LG B6 OLED, Denon x2300w, and Panasonic DMP-UB900 and I want to use a 20 ft in-wall UL rated HDMI.
Can someone with knowledge about this confusing topic offer recommendations (also, does it need to be braided) ?

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
You will need a cable that is certified for 18Gbps for reliable 4K video transmission. Monoprice sells very reasonably priced certified cables -- I am using their shorter cables (3 ft. to 12 ft.) for my 4K devices. When you get over 15 feet, cables can get a little tricky, though. This Monoprice cable is 18Gb certified, rated for installation in-wall, and comes in lengths from 25-100 feet.

stevenHa

Second Unit
I was thinking of Monoprice Cabernet Ultra CL2 Active High Speed HDMI Cable, 30ft for in the wall and Select Metallic Series High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet, 3ft to connect devices to the AVR - opinions appreciated.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was thinking of Monoprice Cabernet Ultra CL2 Active High Speed HDMI Cable, 30ft for in the wall and Select Metallic Series High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet, 3ft to connect devices to the AVR - opinions appreciated.

That first one should be fine for the long in-wall run, as long as it's certified for 18Gb. For the shorter cables to connect the components to the AVR, I would just use these. They are only $4 each, are certified, and work perfectly well with 4K HDR. I am using these cables in 3ft and 12ft lengths and have no issues -- no need to spend more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks