What's new

Which Harmon Kardon system is best? (1 Viewer)

Russell Volz

Agent
For my small 12'L x 12'W x10'H Home Theater, I've settled on the Rocket ELT-1 Speakers, Sanyo Z2 LCD Projecter and Denon DVD910. I only do DVD's. I was settled on the Harmon Kardon AVR-325, but now I see that there's a H/K DPR 1001 "All Digital Amplifier Receiver" or the H/K DPR 330 for about the same $440 price.

Then if I really get crazy there's the 7200 at $788. I'm a musical/sound moron when it comes to these things. Now if the reciver had a keyboard and a mouse, then I'd feel right at home! But when it comes to sound, I'm lost. Wich brings to mind, I remember reading something about the 7200 being super easy to set up, balance, sync, and tweak. I'd pay an extra $350 for anything that was high quality and could make up for my two bit ear.

Which of these H/K systems would be right for my small room and small mind? Oh, then someone was trying to sell me the Denon 1804. Does this compare with the above systems?

Russell

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
I second the 325 Home theater magazine tested it at over 70 watts 5 channels driven at .1% distortion and 85 watts at clippind (1 percent distotion). So it is plenty powerful enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks