What's new

Which Halloweens Should I Get? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I just picked up Halloween on Criterion LD, and I'd like to get the others on DVD. Which are the "definitive" versions...I see there have been a few different releases.

Thx in advance...

-Matt

Esten

Supporting Actor
Get the Special Edition of 1,and the Extended Edition(TV version).Which is what makes up the 2-disc limited edition.
The Universal version of Halloween 2(If anamorphic isn't a concern,get the goodtimes version for about $5).The goodtimes version of 3 you should find for a bout $5 also.
Anchor Bay's Halloween 4&5(make sure 4 is the rerelease)
And so on.
2,3(Goodtimes),6 and H20 are non-anamorphic,though.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The main ones that I'm concerned with at the moment are 4 and 5...both of which seem to have LE releases. Are they worth it?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
The main ones that I'm concerned with at the moment are 4 and 5...both of which seem to have LE releases. Are they worth it?
The only extras in the LE tins are a booklet and the tin packaging itself. The discs are exactly the same. As Esten suggested, though, make sure you go for the anamorphic re-release of Part 4.

DJ

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay...kewl, I'll check into ordering them when I get home from work.

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Just a reminder: Anchor Bay is working on yet another version of the first Halloween, to be released next year to mark the film's 25th anniversary.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Aaron :)
Yep...I got the CAV set. It should actually be waiting down in the apartment office for me now, so what the hell am I doing talking to you chumps :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks