What's new

Which game should I play over Thanksgiving? (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
My wife and are going to her folk's for Thanksgiving, and I'm going to be bringing at least 2 consoles to play some games. Possibly all 3. I'd like to know (from your experience) which game(s) will be most addicting and possible to finish over 3 or 4 days.
We have several action/adventure/platform games unfinished, including the following:
Super Mario Sunshine - My wife's a completist; she wants to get every single solitary little item before continuing. She likes to play with a strategy guide in hand.
Starfox Adventures - I haven't even touched this game once. Not once.
Metroid Prime - Played precious few minutes of this one, due to the fact that Splinter Cell came out on the same day.
Ratchet & Clank - We're two missions into this one.
Sly Cooper - I think she's on the 4th Level. Maybe the 3rd.
Shenmue 2 - We're stuck in a place where we need to beat some fighting guy 2 times in a row, and neither of us can beat him. I lost interest in this game a few hours in, and she's not too happy about being stuck. Unless I can be convinced otherwise, I think I'll be trading this one in.
Splinter Cell - I'm only to the part where the chef opens the window on the second level. This is one game that I don't let my wife play. She walks around and looks at stuff too much.
How should we spend our time? I'm thinking we should polish off Sly Cooper and Ratchet & Clank first.
Has anyone beaten all these? Which was your favorite?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Try to play the game that you think will be the shortest and easiest so you can finish them. I'm personally having a blast with Metroid Prime.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime

I cannot stress enough that you need to play this. This game is just mind blowing. I am almost done with it now and have loved every minute of it. Words cannot describe how great this game gets once you get deep into it.

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator
I'd pick the one you'll have time to finish over the break.

If time's an issue, go with Sly simply because it's really, really short (but quite good nonetheless).

If time is no object, I'd go with Mario or Metroid.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Eric, I don't mean to hijack the thread but are you the same ECM from Gamefan and Gamego? I loved those mags and you seem to have the same name...

Thanks

Ell

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Saying I like Metroid is an understatment. There is a reason this game got perfect scores by EGM.
This game is a drug...it is corrupting my mind. I cannot stop thinking about it...MUST PLAY...MUST PLAY!

Andre F

Screenwriter
I'd say Metroid Prime but that Splinter Cell demo was awesome and I can't wait to get it...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Shenmue 2 - We're stuck in a place where we need to beat some fighting guy 2 times in a row, and neither of us can beat him. I lost interest in this game a few hours in, and she's not too happy about being stuck. Unless I can be convinced otherwise, I think I'll be trading this one in.
Check out GameFAQs.com. They tell you how to beat all the roadblock fights

If it's who I think it is, you just need to keep him at a distance with kicks. Stick and move, stick and move

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Metroid Prime has done something that a game hasn't done to me for a long time: I want to play it when I'm not playing it, then when I am playing it I am amazed at why I didn't want to play it more. Sometimes, it feels wrong to play the damn thing, it's just THAT perfect! The graphics are simply breathtaking, amazing, and flawless, the gameplay is deep, diverse, and fun, and other than that it just eminates Metroid.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Wow, hopefully we can get some short reviews from you ;) That mag was my favourite. Since I live in Canada, I use to hunt it down every month, as it was very difficult to find. I miss the import coverage.
Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread.
Elliott

EdR

Second Unit
Another vote for Metroid Prime. I'm barely into it (8%) and it's been a lot of fun, very involving, beautifully designed. Perfect for a long holiday weekend...

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
I finally played the Splinter Cell demo last night... well I just got back from lunch with the full game in hand (along with my DVDs)... I can't wait to get home!
Put my vote in for Splinter Cell!

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Thanks for all the replies, folks.

I'll play Metroid Prime, and my wife can finish Sly Cooper and get pretty far on Ratchet and Clank.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks