which DVD's?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jason_M, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Jason_M

Jason_M Stunt Coordinator

I have an ok collection of around 275 dvd's but haven't bought many new releases as of late and was wanting to know what dvd's others think I should get. I'm talking about movies that are either good because of superb action sequences (pic and sound) or just awesome movies that are must haves. please post movies i must get and why. My dvd's are in my sig. Thanks.

2. Nick Senger

Nick Senger Stunt Coordinator

Here are some that I didn't see in your collection that I think are must haves:

All the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions - the definitive versions of the film (to my mind) plus awesome supplements--and outstanding picture and sound quality

Singin' in the Rain - an awesome movie with an awesome restoration job--brilliant, brilliant colors!

The Mask of Zorro - terrific action movie with a great story, great picture quality and great surround sound

2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick Collection) - I could stare at this movie for hours; a pure masterpiece that has been gloriously transferred to dvd

Lawrence of Arabia (Superbit) - Incredible cinematography, a great restoration job

Fantasia 2000 - I knew I would like this movie, but I didn't realize it would be this awesome

3. StevenFC

StevenFC Second Unit

I could spend all day recommending films, so I'll just recommend one.

Ya' gotta have the Criterion version of Spartacus.