Which DVD should I get?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tony-B, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Ok, I am going to get a DVD, but I don't know which one I should get. I have not seen any of these, so I would like you to help me out. I am looking into The Royal Tenenbaums, Amelie, both Austin Powers movies, or Clerks. I am kind of leaning towards Royal Tenenbaums. If you have other ideas, say them! Thanks!

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I like all of them. Really depends on your tastes though. If you tell me what other movies you like, I might be able to steer your decision making. AFAIK, all the titles you listed have great DVD releases.

3. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Well, some movies I liked are AI, UHF, Matrix, Meet The Parents, Back to the Future, and Office Space. There are more that I like. I do have a good sense of humor, and I like intelligent movies alot. I also want one with good extras, and something that can show off my HT to some degree too.

4. Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron Cinematographer

Steeve Bergeron
    Amelie!

5. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Welcome to the HTF Tony-B, we have a POLLS AREA for posts like this.

6. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Tony based on that you should like pretty much all of them. If you don't find Royal Tenenbaums funny, you still might like it as a drama. It's a decent release. Clerks is unanamorphic, but it you don't have a widescreen TV, that won't matter. I don't have Amelie, so I can't guide you as to how that release is, but I'm sure someone else will be able to chime in. I don't have the original Austin Powers on DVD, but the disc for The Spy Who Shagged Me is decent. If you don't have them already, I'd reccomend the DVDs for Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.