What's new

Which DVD Player? (1 Viewer)

KurtG

Auditioning
I am currently looking for a new DVD player. I believe my current one is a Panasonic DVD-A110. It's a few years old but it's really served me well. Now that I have a Toshiba 65H82 I want to get a progressive scan dvd player, however, I am completely lost as to which offers the best quality. If anyone could offer suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. I am looking for at least a 5 disc, progressive scan and the best picture quality possible in the $180 range. I have been looking around and reading as many reviews as possible, but I am truly lost.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I just took home a Panasonic DVD-F85 to replace a DVD-CP67. The F85 is a 5-disc progressive scan unit with DVD-Audio capability. It doesn't have the same Faroujda-based deinterlacing as the CP67, but the picture looks great to me so far, although I've only run about 10 minutes of video through it at this point. I believe this unit is selling for $149 US (it's $299 Canadian).

KurtG

Auditioning
The F85 is definitely on the top of my list right now, I'm just wondering if I might be overlooking something else.

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
What have you heard about the new Sony progressive players when compared to these new Panasonic? Just wondering.

Dan.B

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yacubjkc
Recent bookmarks