What's new

Which DVD player will replace the Panasonic RP82?? (1 Viewer)

Fernand

Agent
I'm interested in buying the Panasonic RP82 DVD but it's discontinued. What's the name of the new model?
Any help will be greatly apreciatted.

John Stockton

Second Unit
I heard that the replacement model will be the S-55. But as you may have heard the new Panasonic line will have inferior deinterlacing chips and MPEG decoders. If you want the performance of the RP-82 at an affordable price I strongly suggest the Pansonic XP-30 or the XP-50. Both use the same deinterlacing chip and MPEG decoder as the one used in the RP-82. Get them fast before they are discontinued as well.

Fernand

Agent
Cool Info!!

Thankx John!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Is there eny change that you know the difference between the two??

John Stockton

Second Unit
The obvious difference is that the XP-50 has DVD-Audio while the XP-30 has not. There could be one or two other differences but nothing major. By the way unlike the RP-82 these do not have a coax digital output, only an optical, but that is not a big deal as far as I am concerned. I just picked up the XP-30 and I am very happy with the picture quality.

Good Luck

John Carson

Agent
Another vote for the XP30. Just picked on up (becoming BERY hard to find) and it REALLY rocks in non-proggy TVs. I imagine the progressive is nice too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks