What's new

Which DVD player should I get? (1 Viewer)

Robert CH

Auditioning
Here's a typical newbe question. Last week my 12 year old 27" TV mercifully died. I have replaced it with a Panasonic 36" HDTV (model CT 36hx42) and also bought an Onkyo model 600 reciever. I'm ashamed to tell you what kind of speakers I have (the name rymes with "rose"), but I'll be replacing them soon.

I want to get a new DVD player with component video and progressive scan. I don't want to overbuy or underbuy. Any suggestions on what would go good with my other stuff?

Chris Clarno

Agent
Real Name
Christian
Depends what you're looking for. A good entry level player from Panasonic is the DVD-RP62S. Sells for about $150 Progressive-scan, Plays DVD-Video, DVD-R, CD-DA and CD-R/RW, plus MP3 and WMA files recorded on CD, Super high-speed scan (5 speeds, up to 200x, selectable via shuttle dial), "Dialogue Enhancer" boosts dialogue so you don't miss a word, even during loud sound effects (I like this feature!)Dynamic range compression keeps sound levels even, 480p/480i-switchable component video outputs, plus S-video and composite A/V outputs; optical digital audio output, an odd addition is a dedicated subwoofer connection...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks