Which DVD player should I buy?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Brandon Steck, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Brandon Steck

Brandon Steck Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking to buy a new DVD player in the next few months to go with my new Mitsubishi WS-65313. I'm looking to stay under 350 bucks and I want something better than my Toshiba SD-4800. SACD and DVD Audio aren't concerns for me, I just want it for movies. I was very interested in the Pioneer players, particularly the 563a, but I'm not thrilled with the chroma bug issue (does the 563a have it? some say yes, some say no) as I had a player with it and it drove me nuts. I've seen some Pioneer Elite players on ebay for around 350, I think a 45a. Would this be the best bet? I appreciate any and all feedback.

Brandon

2. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

Your best value is the Denon DVD-1600, but hurry its being discontinued so get it before it disappears. Online retailers like Crutchfield have it for $329 or less with coupons.

3. Nick.H

Nick.H Stunt Coordinator

buy an xbox

4. HienD

HienD Stunt Coordinator

Does the XBOX really have a decent dvd player? I've seen the quality of dvds on my ps2 and it's not good. My friend, who has both consoles, says the xbox is verygood. But he's not a really audio/video buff so his definition of verygood might be different then mine.