Which DVD player for Interlaced output, DVD-Audio?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt DeVillier, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

I'm looking for a new dvd player with DVD-Audio. I still have a 27" Wega so excellent interlaced output is a must. I was looking at the Tosh SD-4700, JVC XV-SA70BK, and Panny RA-60K. I've discounted the JVC because I've read a lot about the interlaced output being derived from the progressive (ie, video output is I->P->I) and not being up to par with the "top tier" players. I haven't been able to find a whole lot about the Tosh or Panny (esp the Panny) other than the few hits the search here returned. Can anyone else chime in or point to other reviews on the net?

thanks

2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

If you do a search on the Home Theater Hardware section you should find lots of postings about both machines. The JVC players are not getting great reviews for interlaced picture. There are some fairable reviews of the Toshiba, but the Panasonic is a fairly new product I think. I would also like to see some reviews of this player.

3. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

Marty,

I did a search on both players. For the RA60, there was one quick review a month ago and a few other mentionings, but hardly enough to base a purchase on. There's a little more on the 4700 and it seems like it might have a few quirks.

I was just hoping there were a few more RA60 owners that could share their experiences

-Matt