What's new

Which DVD movie has THE most bass ever? (1 Viewer)

derek

Second Unit
Ok so the movie was a box office bomb but a guilty pleasure for me and the wife...'Cutthroat Island.' The AC3 LD bass kicks serious butt. I would think the DVD keeps it intact.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This has gone into Laserdisc territory and the ones mentioned truly produce seismic charges.

dvd's
Star Wars 1 & 2
FOTR
The Relic (waaaay overblown though)
Top Gun (waaaaaay waaaay overblown)
Sav. Pvt. Ryan-dts dvd
Fantasia 2000---dolby digital mix

laserdiscs
Mission Impossible (agree with Aaron G on this. The best mix I've ever heard at home)
Casper-dts
Goldeneye (dts & dd)
Titanic
Twister-dolby dig
Private Ryan-dolby dig
Star Wars 1
PCM track of Return Of The Jedi (CAV-Def. edition)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Since we're still talking laserdiscs, might I add that the PCM track of Goldeneye is just about as scary as the Dolby Digital track! Since Tim says that the dts was no slouch either, I guess we can declare Goldeneye as the bassiest laserdisc release all-around. Talk about over-cooked!

And as long as we're mentioning PCM tracks that push the limits of bass, we would be remiss if we did not include the Criterion Collection disc of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. :eek:

-Lyle J.P.

P.S. If I do say so myself, I find the AC-3 track on the Twister laserdisc to be superior to anything found on both DVD releases. I think it has something to do with Warner never providing 2.0 tracks and always crippling their 5.1 tracks to make them "downconversion" safe. :thumbsdown:

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
The original question was about most bass, not necessarily deepest or cleanest, so I have to throw in a vote for The Saint, especially the initial post-childhood scenes.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks