What's new

Which DVD movie has the best THX trailer? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Do you mean the advertisment showing that the DVD was THX certified? If so, I like the one on the Star Wars Episode 2 DVD. I can't remember if I've seen it on the Episode 1 DVD because I haven't watched that one in over a year, and I don't remember seeing it on other DVDs.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My favorite THX demo is the one with the glass ball that shatters in a storm of lightning and thunder and then the pieces melt up from the bottom of the screen into the THX logo. It is simply stunning with an 16:9 HDTV and Digital sound system.

It's attached to the beginning of AOTC (and probably other films, but I can't recall which ones).

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
T2 Ultimate - love that little robot guy with the can of cows. Nice use of all speakers and the sub!

Declan

Second Unit
Lou that one was'nt on T2, it had it's own THX trailer done specially. The cow one was on either Toy Story 1 or 2 and is also on Monsters Inc. But I prefered the one where the THX logo breaks down and Tex (the tin man) comes out to fix it. It again was on Toy Story 1 or 2.

It's a shame that the Simpsons trailer was'nt on the Season 1 or 2 boxsets.

Declan

Second Unit
The Pearl harbor Vista series release was meant to have a special THX Intro (as in T2) done for it as well, but it just has the regular one.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I like the one from Toy Story with that guy who fixes up the screwed-up picture/sound. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks