Which DVD has best picture? Panny RP91, Pio 47a, Tosh 9200 or Sony 9000?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chung_sotheby, Sep 6, 2002.

1. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

I am looking to upgrade my system, first with a better DVD player. Which player in the $400-800 street range, has the best picture quality. DVD-A, SACD, MP3 and CDR/W are all a plyus, but not needed. Thanks

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Chung, I can only answer with respect to the DV-47A and 9000ES. I owned the 9000ES for a little over a year and primarily utilized it in the bedroom system via a Samsung 40 inch WS LCD rear projector. I have owned the DV-47A in February and used it in place of the Sony. You may wish to look at this thread for more detail:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ighlight=DV47A

3. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

Imo, out of all the players you listed which I have demoed im my home, consistently the panny gave a stellar pic with almost all dvds and no chroma but if thats important to you!
    just my thoughts[​IMG] Bob

4. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

Chung- I was in the same position a few months back and found the Panny to be the best from my research. I have not been let down by my decision to purchase one. It gives my 57" 16x9 Toshiba an incredible picture. All my friends want to watch DVD's at my house all the time now! [​IMG]

5. Nick V

Nick V Second Unit

I just picked up an open-box/closeout Panny RP-91 for really cheap, and it doesn't dissapoint!! The DVD-A quality is superb and the picture (interlaced[​IMG] ) is better than any DVD player that I've had to date.
    BTW, I got mine for the same price as the RP-82, which I thought was kinda funny. Either way you won't be dissapointed, but I like the RP-91 just fine.
    BTW 2, I did demo the Toshiba 9200 and thought it was slightly better picture quality wise than the RP-91, but didn't think it was worth the almost $2000 CAN difference in price.