Which Driver is more musical Tempest ,Shiva ,DPL12, Or titanic

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Andre Baptiste, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Andre Baptiste

Hi Folks i am gonna build a sealed sub so i want to know which driver is gonna give me more of a tighter flat response byeeeeee

2. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

I've heard the DPL12 can be very musical.

3. Jake K

Jake K Stunt Coordinator

I would use two DPL12 drivers in a 5 cubic foot enclosure with one of the drivers flipped over and wired out of phase with the other one, which would make them move in the same direction. That is supposed to eliminate some distortion. I think that's a push-pull configuration.

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Yes. It depends on the box design and room placement more the the driver itself. That said if you're looking for musical try the DPL12 in a 75 liter sealed box.

5. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

Your room is going to have a bigger effect on what sounds "tight" more than any one of those drivers. If you haven't already, invest in a Radio Shack SPL meter/test cd(you can download and burn your own free test tones if you have a cd burner) and look into an eq for what every sub you choose. The Behringer Feedback Destroyer(BFD) is very popular eq and it runs ~$120. This will have a bigger impact on sound quality than the difference between any of those drivers

6. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

The DPL12 is probably your best bet for music but I have to agree with Frank. All is for naught if your room modes kill it. I can't imagine being without some bass management.