Which Doors song is this?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul D Young, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit

Which Doors song (I'm assuming it was a Doors song) says "Blood in the streets, it's up to my ankles"?

I'm not to hip on this group but I would really like to be.

2. Alex Shk

Alex Shk Stunt Coordinator

The song is "Peace Frog" from the Morrison Hotel album.

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Great song! I think it's about when Morrisson was a kid and saw a car accident on the road that involved a dead Indian. He would come to believe that the Indian spirit occupied his body.

What a weirdo.

NP: Miles Davis, Live at Fillmore East: It's About That Time, disc 2

4. Jarrod_L

Jarrod_L Stunt Coordinator

Always one of my fav Doors songs...actually, one of the few I can still stomach after college.

I had my version of Peace Frog on a 2 cassette compilation called "Weird Scenes/Inside The Gold Mine". I bought my copy in like 7th or 8th grade, but have never seen it on CD. Anyone have any history on this album?

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

"Peace Frog" is a great song, and Mike has the story behind it right. Anyone remember the opening scene of Oliver Stone's The Doors?

Jarrod,

Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine was relased in 1972, shortly after Jim Morrison's death. It was released on vinyl and cassette, and probably 8-track as well. However, it was never released on CD. I have it on vinyl and cassette, and it is a great compilation. There are a few Doors compilations on CD, but if Weird Scenes ever came out on CD, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

6. George See

George See Second Unit

Awesome song off an awesome cd "peace frog" has always been one of my favorite doors tunes And morrison hotel my favorite doors record.

"Indians scattered on dawns highway bleeding"
    there's a full version of that poetic inturlude that appears in one of Morrison's published poetry books really great stuff.

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I always liked the lyric:

8. Dave_P

Dave_P Stunt Coordinator

I'm kind of partial to 'soft parade' myself for a song that is lesser known. I had two bootlegs from shows in the late 60's from the Matrix. I ended up giving one up to a scottish exchange student that came over as part of a soccer team. The other one I still have is insane. It's on tape cassette. I haven't listened to it for a long time because I no longer have a proper tape player.

Jim must have been pretty messed up during this show, as many fans of the band know, because Robbit and Ray had to do some of the singing. The playing is trippy as hell. The opening to 'Unhappy Girl' on the organ Ray used is otherwordly good. I wish I could remember the date of the show that I have.

9. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Dave, "Soft Parade" is an awesome song. It's out there for sure, but it sounds great. When I bought Soft Parade on CD many years back, the only song I knew was "Touch Me", but I came to really appreciate "Soft Parade".