What's new

Which do you use...Internet Explorer or Netscape? (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I find that both act differently for the site I have designed and I want to get a feeling of how many people use each browser. Feel free to add your comments as to why you refer your browser.
I use Internet Explorer.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
IE. Netscape had too many glitches and I just didn't care for it.
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Explorer, I decided it was time to give Netscape the boot after it started deleting my favorites on a regular basis, and inserting its own weird sites in my favorites folder, creepy stuff.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
:) Steve, sure it wasn't evil hand screwing up your bookmarks?
I use Mozilla, the best browser at the moment closely followed by Opera. Mozilla is an open source project and available for almost every platform. It is still in development but a lot more stable than IE, Opera or any Netscape version. Netscape 6 uses its rendering engine.
If you are interested get it at www.mozilla.org ...
------------------
-Dominik Dröscher ICQ: 25318265
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
IE v4.x thru v6 and Netscape 6.1
Need to support web development for all these
I personally use IE v6 at home

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
IE6. As a developer, I have NO respect for Netscape. It's a piece of crap and I wish it would go away forever. :)

Darren H

Second Unit
Last time I checked (earlier this week) less than 15% of all users are now browsing with Netscape. I'm also a professional developer, and, on many occasions, have been been forced to change my design just because of that 15%. My biggest beefs are with the way that Netscape 4.x handles background images in tables and its quirky acceptance of style sheets. For what it's worth, I downloaded 6.2 yesterday and was pleasantly surprised.
To answer the question: IE 5.5
[Edited last by Darren H on November 02, 2001 at 03:24 PM]

Kevin P

Screenwriter
As a web developer, I have to use both, but definitely prefer IE (5.0 or 5.5). There are so many things that just don't work right in Netscape.
One odd exception: for some reason, on my PC at work, IE freezes if I press the Back button on any page on, get this, Microsoft.com! I have to use Netscape to access the MSDN Knowledge Base. How's that for ironic? But IE works better on every other site.
KJP

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
For what it's worth, I downloaded 6.2 yesterday and was pleasantly surprised.
Darren, if you like Netscape 6.2 you will love the latest Mozilla version. N6.2 is based on a 2 month old Mozilla build
(every night a new build is made, latest milestone is 2 weeks old). I believe that Mozilla/Gecko will be the ultimate cross platform browser. As I said in my post before it is available for almost every platform out there. It won't replace IE on Windows machines (although I know a lot people using it instead of IE including me) but as it might very well become the standard browser on Linux, BeOS, Unix or even Mac, it will have its place.
www.mozilla.org ...
------------------
-Dominik Dröscher ICQ: 25318265
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks