What's new

Which DLP Proj? (1 Viewer)

Marat_S

Auditioning
Hi Guys,

Looking for some of the experts here to point me in the right direction for a DLP projector. The projector would be used in a dedicated theater room which will be built from ground up. Viewing will be for DVDs and HD programming primarily. Room dimensions will be about 13-14 feet in width and about 20 feet in length. I was looking at the new offerings from Yamaha and a Runco projector in the $10K range. In terms of screen size, i was thinking around 120"-150" range. Any input you guys could give me would be greatly appriciated. Thanks so much for your future replies.

Marat

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Go to Projectorcentral.com and read the reviews in your price range. It's a great site. You can also see which ones will work in your room.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
HAve you settled in on DLP already?

If not, I'd consider all technologies, including CRT if your room is properly light controlled.

If for some reason you're set on DLP, then I'd definitely make sure you're getting an HD2+ chip unit in that price range. Performance is very similar among the units, with slightly different feature sets. I would see them in person, and make sure you check for your susceptibility to rainbows too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks