What's new

Which display technology for.... (1 Viewer)

I'm looking for a new display device for :
watching DVD ( 6 hours a week )
watching TV ( TV on 4 hours a day )
video gaming ( 5 hours a week )

I would like a big screen , as a RPTV, but they told me that i should'nt use a RPTV for video gaming.
Is it really true ? Why can we see in any video game shop, RPTV with game demos ?
Which kind of technology should fit my use ? CRT, RPTV, PLASMA, VP ? (with abstraction of money )

Thierry

KrisA

Auditioning
If you have a room that can be made quite dark while watching the TV, you should consider a DLP front projector. They are designed to handle computer images and would not have any burn in problems for video gaming. I think the DLPs start at under $2000 (panasonic AE 100).

If you have ambient light in the room, RPTv is your only choice (actually, if the light is bright, a 36" Normal CRT TV would be the better choice).

My personal preference would be a front projector. If there is light in the room, I personally do not even like rear projection TVs - a Tube TV of about 36" would be the better option.

It is debatable whether or not 5 hours a week would cause tube burn in for CRT based rear projectors. These days, most of the picture in video gaming does move/shift around. The problem would be if you had constantly the static picture/illumination on the screen for extended periods. Less than an hour a day for video games which actually move the picture around should not be a problem - but I am not an authority on this subject.

The new DLP or DILA based rear projection TVs are quite expense but also quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks