What's new

Which director would you want to handle your biographic movie? (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Choosing from the living and the dead, who would you want to direct the biographical movie of your life? Could Spielberg sufficiently render your heartfelt moments? Would Kurosawa capture the pacing of your commute to work? Does your prom-night require the vision of John Waters?....
Let the Ego-mania begin!
As for me: Definetly Jorg Buttgereit.
:D

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
I'd go with Fincher on the hope that he would be able to suitably capture my insanity.
(I really do worry about myself sometimes... :crazy: )

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I get to pick living or dead? I'll pick one of each.

Dead - Hitchcock. It wouldn't be very autobiographical, since Hitch would take my basic life and just make up a bunch of exciting things about spies and killers, but I'd end up having sex with Grace Kelly, and it would be a really fun film to watch, even if it wasn't very true to life.

Alive - Wilder. He'd do a great job blending the drama with the comedy. I'd want him to do it in black & white (unlike Hitch where I'd want glorious technicolor), and he and Diamond would have to write the screenplay.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Don't even have to think about it- David Lynch. We have similar sensibilities. (And similar hair.)

Ike

Screenwriter
Scorsese, even if he did turn me into a wife beating drunk, ala Jake LaMotta.

Ike

Screenwriter
Jon,
I thought about Kubrick, but his only bio-pic, Barry Lyndon, is pretty brutal to it's main character. ;)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
In a move that would make him even more of a legendary artist, Steve Guttenburg makes my life into an oscar winning smash hit.
Actually, I would say anyone. I don't think any self respecting director would want anything to do with that story. Although it may cure insomnia.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks