What's new

Which Denon fits the best? (1 Viewer)

Gary TP

Stunt Coordinator
I am pretty new to HT and I just picked up a pair
of Paradigm Monitor 11's v3 to start a system. I will fill it in with a cc-370,adp surrounds, sub eventually.

What I haven't decided on yet it the receiver. I am pretty sure I am going Denon (unless someone can convince me otherwise)- but what I am really concerned with is what level of denon I should go to match these speakers the best- the 2802, 3802, 4802.

I was leaning towards the 3802 since it is the middle of the road, but am I jumping up unecessarily or not going with enough concerning that choice?
Price difference plays a big factor since I am trying to save as much as possible for the rest of the system but don't want to short-change the importance of getting the best receiver for the monitor 11s.

Thanks,
GTP

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Welcome :D
Personally, if you have the cash, I'd go with the 4802. The 3802 is probably on the edge for power delivery for those speakers. I was not 100% impressed with the 3802 when I auditioned it. If you can spare a bit more cash, I've seen the 5803 going for very good prices already...
You have floorstanders, so is it a reasonable guess that you listen to more music? If so, you might want to consider listening to similar offerings from Marantz and Harmon Kardon. When looking for a receiver for my Paradigms, I found I preferred the musical sound of Marantz and H/K. It doesn't hurt anything to audition before you buy.

Gary TP

Stunt Coordinator
well I'm thinkin 3802 with an added amp for power in the future. I can add an LCD remote in the future and the thx certification isn't worth double the 700 bucks.

Wonder if its worth waiting for the 3803?

Bunkie_r

Auditioning
any news when the 3803 is coming out? i just got myself B&W 602s for my front, 601s for my surround and an LCR60. wondering myself which would be best suited for me. i am also definitely getting a denon. just dont know what.

Ron Alcasid

Stunt Coordinator
The 3802 alone should be fine if you don't play to loudly. You can add a decent 2 or 3 channel amp for the left, center and right speakers down the road and let the receiver power the surrounds. This is the route I took when I had a receiver. Not only did it improve the front soundstage but the surround channels came alive since receiver wasn't burdend by the front channels. I think this the best strategy if you are looking for the most bang for the buck.

Bunkie_r

Auditioning
what amp (model and brand)would you suggest to go with the 3802? i am only using B&W 602s for my front, will i still need the extra amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks