What's new

Which component cables should I use for my Xbox & DVD player?? (1 Viewer)

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 51" Sony Widescreen RPHDTV. I have the advanced AV pack for my Xbox so I can get HD support from the games and I have a progressive scan DVD player. I also have the component cables that came with the xbox advanced AV pack, and 3 ft. of Acoustic Research component cables. Should I use the AR cables for my Xbox, would doing this give me a slightly better picture? Or would using the component cables that came w/ the xbox advanced AV pack give my xbox the best picture!??

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 51" Sony Widescreen RPHDTV. I have the advanced AV pack for my Xbox so I can get HD support from the games and I have a progressive scan DVD player. I also have the component cables that came with the xbox advanced AV pack, and 3 ft. of Acoustic Research component cables. Should I use the AR cables for my Xbox, would doing this give me a slightly better picture? Or would using the component cables that came w/ the xbox advanced AV pack give my xbox the best picture!??

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
im using the cables that came with the xbox and it seems to work fine for me. I dont think you will notice any difference.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The cables that came with the Xbox are noticeably inferior to a pair of Ixos Component cables I purchased for $35. Then again I'm viewing this on my 55" RPTV too. The component cables I purchased were superior to my AR cables as well which are no religated to my closet box.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I'm guessing but I would think that the Ar cables would not give you a WORSE picture. Would it be better? Maybe.

Why not just try it. You've already got the cables. Its an easy swap.

I am using the cables that came with the Xbox becuse I am too cheap to buy any others. If I had another cable around I'd use it. :)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I bought the Monster component cables for my xbox, I have a 55" widescreen HD Mitsubishi, and its the best out as far as I know. the only thing is that you have to buy the Optical cable seperate to take advantage of the 5.1 off the xbox. Monster was the only superior component maker for xbox at the time I bought them. I originally used the one you have, and I felt it sucked, and I noticed a huge difference by using the monster cable ones.as far as a DVD player, just make sure its shielded for superior quality, doesnt have to be Monster.

NOTE: if you have the option to use Component over any other output, Do so, its the best for xbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks