What's new

Which cheap dvd player to buy? Looking for recommendations (1 Viewer)

Mike McKeand

Auditioning
I have been looking at 3 dvd players that are all right at the $100 level. I don't need anything more than these because I don't have a HDTV (to use progressive scan) and I don't have component in's on my tv. I don't see a new tv in my future for quite a while either.

So, the one's I've been looking at are:

JVC XV-S300BK
Panasonic DVD-RV32K
Sony DVP-NS315/B

The Panasonic seems like it has the best features but it lacks a digital coax out. From the reading I've done so far, it seems like the coax is the preferred link rather than optical.

The Sony lacks controls on the front of the unit which would be nice to have when listening to cd's and I don't need/want to use the remote. I can still push buttons.

Something about the JVC doesn't appeal to me. It just seems cheaper than the others.

Anybody have experience with any of them or recommendations on others in the same price range?

Thanks,

Mike

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Be aware that the DVD-RV32 series has been discontinued. Panasonic has replaced it with the DVD-S35 series, which does give you the option of 480p progressive scan component video output should you decide to get a TV that supports this video mode.

I have the DVD-S35K and it's a pretty nice unit, with good video quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks