What's new

Which center channel for B&W 805's (1 Viewer)

Kevin Biller

Agent
I currently own the CDM-CNT center which runs between 2 602's. After much listening, and saving I will be replacing the 602's this April with Nautilus 805's. My question is, will the my current CDM-CNT center be a acceptable match for the 805's or should I be looking at the HTM-2? If I do upgrade the center, it would have to wait till finances allow.

Has anyone use the CNT center with Nautilus speakers and what are there opinions? Thanks in advance for any input.

ManojM

Stunt Coordinator
My friend had the CDM-CNT center hooked up for a couple of weeks with 805s and sounded reasonable. The tweeter and midrange are similar enough that the voicing match is acceptable. I would still buy an HTM2 when your finances dictated, though.

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
I use a HTM1 with my N804s. The voice match is PERFECT. I'd highly recommend getting a HTM2 to go with N805s. If you're going to skimp, do it on your surrounds. Never skimp on a center channel speaker, as it's the most important speaker in a good HT setup.

Arron H

Second Unit
I have the 805s and I agree with Lynn, you really should get the HTM2. You could use the CNT during the interim but at some point, preferably sooner rather than later, you will definately want to upgrade. I will add that I am using the 601s as surrounds and they are working fine. No plans to upgrade the 601s at this point.

Greg Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Why not use another 805 for the center? This is the route I'm taking. Front soundstage will have identical speakers all the way across. -gh

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
You'll be OK with the CDM center as a temporary fill. Heck, you might even decide it's fine with the 805s and leave it at that. If I were in your position, I'd definitely shoot for the HTM-2 at some point down the road.

Kevin Biller

Agent
Thanks for the comments guys. My CDM-CNT will do for now until finances allow its upgrade. I was just wondering if it was close enough to let it pass for a while.

My B&W dealer will let me trade it in even though it has been over a year since I purchased it. I will go for the HTM2. Another 805 wouldn't work with my current theater setup. I shall post my comments the blend of the 805's with the CNT in a few monthes when I pick up the 805's.

I am sure the NHTM2 will be a perfect match. I am running the HTM2 center with CDM 9NTs. Its a nice match. My center is below the TV so the CDM CNT would have been too big.

Anyway it is very nice that your dealer is allowing you to trade up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks