What's new

Which CD Megachanger? (1 Viewer)

Ken Cerce

Agent
In an attempt to manage and simplify my family's CD collection, I want to purchase a CD Megachanger from Sony. Besides the extra 100 discs, are there any features on the CX-455 that are a "must have" over the CX-355? Is the extra $100 worth it? Any information would be helpful.

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
The 455 can also play MP3 data CD's, the 355 can not. The 455 has a signal to noise ratio of 108, the 355 has an S/N ratio of 107 (not like it matters). Those are the only two differences I can see between the two. I think that the 455 might also offer a few other customization features over the 355, but I dont think they are must have. If you don’t need the extra 100 disc storage and don’t care about playing MP3 CD's then I say save your money and go with the 355. I have owned a CX-400 (a few models older than the CX-455) for around 3 years now, and I am happy with it. After using it for so long I don’t think I could ever go back to dealing with jewel cases, and having to get up to switch to a CD I want to listen too, it is so nice to be able to sit back and access all of your CD’s with a remote, and it also keeps them all well organized.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks