What's new

Which Car To Start Off With For GT3?? (1 Viewer)

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
The consensus seems to be the Toyota Trueno Apex GT with a quick trip to the Upgrade Shop for a new exhaust and ROM chip OR the Chrysler PT Cruiser. IMHO, go for the Trueno since its a rear driver, it's a blast to drive hard into the corners. Also, winning the first series of Beginner Level races gives you another Trueno that you can sell for more upgrades!
------------------
My DVD Collection

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I say go for the Mazda Miata and upgrade as soon as possible. I tried the PT cruser and it was crap. :)
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Just got back from a 3-hour GT3 session, and the Miata is a real winner. After countless upgrades, we were able to win all of the races (accepting the Miata) in the beginner slot. FYI, you can use the Miata in the 80's race!
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Equipment List

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I started off with the Miata as well. It's slow but handles nice for stock. Upgrade it as soon you can.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I concur with the Miata. I've won Sunday, Clubman, FR, Spider, and 80's with it without any trouble. Unfortunatly I can't get past R11 in the Turbo series yet. Well maybe with a suspension upgrade I can handle it better. We'll see tomorrow.

Van Patton

Second Unit
Yeah I agree with everything :)I bought the Miata and am going to slowly rebuild it until she becomes a winning machine then buy me some nice cars. I cant wait until I get my first F1 car
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

Chris Bedard

Stunt Coordinator
I went with the Toyota Vitz as the first car, and beat Sunday, Clubman, FF, and the Vitz cup. The nice thing about the Vitz cup is that it's worth $30,000, and you can do it with only the first turbo upgrade. After I beat the Vitz cup races twice, I bought a Vette Z06, which can beat almost all the beginner races stock, including NA and FR. I've got it hooked up now to 560hp and be the GT World champ series worth $150,000 and won an Evo VI GSR to boot. I figure that'll be good enough for beating the 4wd and Turbo races in beginner. I used the S13 turbo to win the 80's cup, only upgrading tires to sport and the turbo first stage.
FYI, in amatuer series, you will need race tires. Be sure not to equip your cars with the SUPER SOFT race tires, because they wear out after 2 laps, and the races are 5, so you are screwed. Medium soft seems to work ok so far, but I've only run one amatuer race.
------------------
Chris
My HT and 2000 Celica Site

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
You should stay away from the Miata and the Trueno. You win duplicates fairly early.
The PT Cruiser is a good first car and upgrades nicely. I haven't tried it yet, but the Vitz car like someone mentioned is a great starter.
I won it, then tried the Vitz cup and was amazed how easy it was to drive and how fast it is with minimal upgrades. I wished I started with that car instead.
Doug

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Is there any way to trade a car for another? I seem to remember being able to do this in the original.
-Camp

Chris Bedard

Stunt Coordinator
Nope, no trading IN GAME itself, but if you know someone who owns the game, you can trade cards between your two memory cards.
------------------
Chris
My HT and 2000 Celica Site

Peter_A

Second Unit
I didn't buy my first car, but got gold in all the B licsenses and got a Mazada Miata LS. Whoopy.
Saved me from buying a new car. Means I can save up for my Nissan GTR-Vspec Type II.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Peter
"If rubbin' dirt in your crotch is wrong, hey I don't wanna be right" - Futurama
[Edited last by Peter_A on July 17, 2001 at 03:25 AM]

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I started out with the Miata, great car! Added the ROM upgrade and boom, I have had no troubles getting gold on the first race series.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I have to go with popular opinion and nominate the Miata. I'm upgrading slowly but surely and the races become a little easier to get the gold on. And I really like the way my "upgrade" of gold rims look on it.
-Jason

Peter_A

Second Unit
Well, just got my Nissan GTR-Vspec II. Man this car drives like a dream, even when it's stock! Pretty much kills other cars in the 4WD Races and Turbo Races. Can't wait to see what it can do when fully tuned!
------------------
Peter
"If rubbin' dirt in your crotch is wrong, hey I don't wanna be right" - Futurama

Camp

Senior HTF Member
The Honda Del Sol is a good start too. More powerful base engine than the Miata.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
OK, so now that we hav a lot of options for a good starter car (I went with the Vitz), what is typically the best upgrade path? I can't win the 3rd race in the second series to save my life! I can't drive worth a damn either, so that's probably why.
------------------
I'm going off the rails on a crazy train!
Drew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks