1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Which Car To Start Off With For GT3??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Before, I always bought a used Supra, but with all the cars sold as new and $18,000 Cr to spend, what does one buy?
    ------------------
    Chuck
    Chuckster's HT Equipment List

2. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

The consensus seems to be the Toyota Trueno Apex GT with a quick trip to the Upgrade Shop for a new exhaust and ROM chip OR the Chrysler PT Cruiser. IMHO, go for the Trueno since its a rear driver, it's a blast to drive hard into the corners. Also, winning the first series of Beginner Level races gives you another Trueno that you can sell for more upgrades!
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

3. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    I say go for the Mazda Miata and upgrade as soon as possible. I tried the PT cruser and it was crap. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

4. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Just got back from a 3-hour GT3 session, and the Miata is a real winner. After countless upgrades, we were able to win all of the races (accepting the Miata) in the beginner slot. FYI, you can use the Miata in the 80's race!
    ------------------
    Chuck
    Chuckster's HT Equipment List

5. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I started off with the Miata as well. It's slow but handles nice for stock. Upgrade it as soon you can.

6. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

Definitely Miata.
    ------------------
    This screen has been formatted to fit your movie.

7. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

I concur with the Miata. I've won Sunday, Clubman, FR, Spider, and 80's with it without any trouble. Unfortunatly I can't get past R11 in the Turbo series yet. Well maybe with a suspension upgrade I can handle it better. We'll see tomorrow.

8. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

Yeah I agree with everything [​IMG]I bought the Miata and am going to slowly rebuild it until she becomes a winning machine then buy me some nice cars. I cant wait until I get my first F1 car [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------

9. Chris Bedard

Chris Bedard Stunt Coordinator

I went with the Toyota Vitz as the first car, and beat Sunday, Clubman, FF, and the Vitz cup. The nice thing about the Vitz cup is that it's worth $30,000, and you can do it with only the first turbo upgrade. After I beat the Vitz cup races twice, I bought a Vette Z06, which can beat almost all the beginner races stock, including NA and FR. I've got it hooked up now to 560hp and be the GT World champ series worth $150,000 and won an Evo VI GSR to boot. I figure that'll be good enough for beating the 4wd and Turbo races in beginner. I used the S13 turbo to win the 80's cup, only upgrading tires to sport and the turbo first stage.
    FYI, in amatuer series, you will need race tires. Be sure not to equip your cars with the SUPER SOFT race tires, because they wear out after 2 laps, and the races are 5, so you are screwed. Medium soft seems to work ok so far, but I've only run one amatuer race.
    ------------------
    Chris
    My HT and 2000 Celica Site

10. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Supporting Actor

You should stay away from the Miata and the Trueno. You win duplicates fairly early.
    The PT Cruiser is a good first car and upgrades nicely. I haven't tried it yet, but the Vitz car like someone mentioned is a great starter.
    I won it, then tried the Vitz cup and was amazed how easy it was to drive and how fast it is with minimal upgrades. I wished I started with that car instead.
    Doug

11. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Is there any way to trade a car for another? I seem to remember being able to do this in the original.
    -Camp

12. Chris Bedard

Chris Bedard Stunt Coordinator

Nope, no trading IN GAME itself, but if you know someone who owns the game, you can trade cards between your two memory cards.
    ------------------
    Chris
    My HT and 2000 Celica Site

13. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

I didn't buy my first car, but got gold in all the B licsenses and got a Mazada Miata LS. Whoopy.
    Saved me from buying a new car. Means I can save up for my Nissan GTR-Vspec Type II. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Peter
    "If rubbin' dirt in your crotch is wrong, hey I don't wanna be right" - Futurama
    [Edited last by Peter_A on July 17, 2001 at 03:25 AM]

14. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I started out with the Miata, great car! Added the ROM upgrade and boom, I have had no troubles getting gold on the first race series.

15. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

I have to go with popular opinion and nominate the Miata. I'm upgrading slowly but surely and the races become a little easier to get the gold on. And I really like the way my "upgrade" of gold rims look on it.
    -Jason

16. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

Well, just got my Nissan GTR-Vspec II. Man this car drives like a dream, even when it's stock! Pretty much kills other cars in the 4WD Races and Turbo Races. Can't wait to see what it can do when fully tuned!
    ------------------
    Peter
    "If rubbin' dirt in your crotch is wrong, hey I don't wanna be right" - Futurama

17. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

The Honda Del Sol is a good start too. More powerful base engine than the Miata.

18. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

19. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

Mazda Demio!
    ...and good luck

20. Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery Stunt Coordinator

OK, so now that we hav a lot of options for a good starter car (I went with the Vitz), what is typically the best upgrade path? I can't win the 3rd race in the second series to save my life! I can't drive worth a damn either, so that's probably why.
    ------------------
    I'm going off the rails on a crazy train!
    Drew