What's new

Which cables? (1 Viewer)

Brad Russell

Stunt Coordinator
I'm about to pull the trigger on a HD1000 and have a cabling question. I'm planning on running an HDMI cable directly to my Oppo 970 but I'm wondering about the other source. Right now my receiver (Yamaha 659) does component upconversion but besides the Oppo, all I'm running is a VCR and analog cable through that VCR. Should I switch that to component or just stick with the S-video I have now?

Thanks!

Brad

Brad Russell

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the suggestion although I don't think that is in the budget right now. I have about a twenty foot run and currently have a 25' s-video cable. Would there be any advantage to running a component one? Or should I just stick with the s-video for cable? I think I could make 20' work but 25' would make things more comfortable. Will there be much of a difference in my HDMI cable if I go with 25 over 20'?. Also, are any of the HDMI cables offered with projectors from various e-tailers any good? Should I avoid them and buy that separately?

Thanks!

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks