Which Bjork live performance DVD to buy???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Salvador, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Salvador

Salvador Second Unit

Just wondering which is her best performance catpured on DVD. There are 3 live performance DVD's that i know of and based on the song content alone, i would pick Live at Shepherds Bush Empire (1997). Does anyone have this dvd? How is the sound quality and does she do different renditions of her songs or just live studio versions?

TIA

2. Pete_S

Pete_S Stunt Coordinator

I must've missed this thread when it was first posted, but I'll assume that you've already made a decision on your Bjork DVD(s). Quality is comperable (good) on each of the original three, with each concert more or less focusing on each of Bjork's first three albums.
    This being said, the companion concert for the Vespertine album, Live at the Royal Opera House, has recently been released. This one has a 5.1 dolby surround track, and it really adds to the experience. Quite a spectacular concert... beautifully performed and beautifully captured on video.
    Amazon.com has it listed, but I obtained a copy from http://www.sirendisc.com for seven or eight dollars cheaper, and it only took a few days from the time I ordered till the time I received it in the mail.
    I highly recommend it.

3. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

I have them all, and I would also recommend Live at the Opera House. It just sounds wonderful, and is such a spectacular venue which is nicely filmed in anamorphic widescreen. Also, even though it is a UK only release, on side is region free PAL and one side is region free NTSC with the exact same contents on each side. Very clever! Bjork is very good about making her stuff available to all fans.