Which batteries to use in Pronto?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by manuel vasquez, Nov 8, 2001.

1. manuel vasquez

I'd like to pick up some rechargable batteries for my Pronto to use on the base unit. I'd like to get your input on which ones I should get. I have no clue if one works better than the other.

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

If you're referring to the charging stand you can get for the Pronto, the stand comes with a NiMH battery pack that is inserted into the Pronto.
    If you're referring to AA rechargeable batteries that you put in a separate charger, I'd probably go for the NiMH type since NiCds won't last long in a Pronto. But if you're putting these in a Pronto I'd just spring for the charging stand/battery pack. It's so much more convenient.
    As for me, I get about 6 months out of a set of alkaline AAs in my Pronto.
    KJP

3. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

I've had a set of M3 Duracells in my Pronto for about 7 months now, and battery capacity is just one tick down from full. It gets used heavily everyday.
    Todd

4. manuel vasquez

The thing is that I already had a stand before, when i got my first Pronto. That Pronto was stolen along with the rechargables inside. I went and purchased another Pronto but wanted the rechargable batteries to go with it. I haven't been able to find any that will recharge on the base unit.

5. RicP

RicP Screenwriter

I've been using the Energizer Lithium AA's exclusively for a while now. I think they are fabulous. They do cost about $10 for 4 of them but they last me 8-9 months on average, and they are 2-3 times lighter than alkaline or NiMH batteries. The Pronto weighs a good 6 ounces less with the lithiums in it, and it really does make a difference.
    I don't think that ~$20 a year is too much to pay for batteries and convenience.
    ------------------
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ric Perrott - My DVD's