What's new

Which Baseball Game are you Buying (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
So many new ones for Xbox this year

I'll probably going to Spring for High Heat 2004. While probably not the prettiest of the Bunch HH has never let me down in the playability department plus they'll have Downloadable roster updates.

World Series 2K3 is a possibility too last year it was an ok Game but suffered from same playability issues like running the bases intelligently, not being able to jump etc, although it looked good.

With Downloadable content maybe they can fix the Red Sox Uniform issue (They changed to Red)

Which game are you getting?

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Sadly... I'll continue my avoiding of Console games, as they just haven't felt right to me in the last few seasons.

OOTP5 for the PC, is the way I'm going. It gives me my GM and Manager fix.

:)

Glen

BenS

Stunt Coordinator
I think I will be buying MVP 2003 formerly Triple Play. The new pitching and throwing meter has caught my eye. It looks like it could really challenge a person. Here is a preview

Bruce Berti

Stunt Coordinator
EA never seems to get a baseball game right. It seems like we have near perfect football games from Sega & EA but noone seems to get baseball right with the correct balance of graphics and playability. I might nibble on high heat because I'm getting the fever for baseball and its going to be out in a few weeks.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I think I'm going for World Series Baseball, but I'll probably buy High Heat just because it will be out first, and I'm craving a baseball game.

Jason Price

Second Unit
Probably none. :frowning: Unless someone surprises me and releases an XBL baseball game, I'm probably going to sit this year out. As much as I want a baseball game, it just wouldn't get enough play from me without the online component...

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
WSB is widescreen and 720p (too bad my Mits can't do it)
Said they fixed the running issues
AI sliders
full player editing capability
franchise mode is awesome(can now fire coaches midway through)
can now jump at wall
Pitching view from behind the pitcher and warming up pitchers
I hope it starts with the theme to Baseball Tonight

My only problem with it last year was that I thought the news updates sucked. You had to scroll down from the beggining of the season to get current news. Also, The game needed a setting where it scored more. I only had the game score more than 3 or 4 runs a few times.

There is an interview at operationsports.com where they talk to someone about the game. After reading that I was sold. I have to admit I like the eye candy but it comes down to gameplay. I like most realism with a touch of arcadyness to it. I'll rent the new EA game and All-Star to check them out.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I'm leaning towards All Star Baseball 2004 for the xbox but I'll probably check out the whole bunch. I'm still enjoying my copy of 2003 even after all these months.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Probably None until I see if Microsofts baseball game has XBL support which is probably will.

Capt

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Who knows, Inside Drive didn't have Live support.

The additions of the meters mentioned in the MVP preview sound pretty interesting. I'm not a huge fan of video Baseball, but I'll certainly give a few of them a shot.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I'll get High Heat for the great gameplay.

I'll get ASB for PS2 for online play.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
HH for the PC and WSB, maybe, for the XBox.

HH is the king of baseball and WSB has a lot of promise, but as someone mentioned earlier, it displayed way too many errors in AI.

Damien

Supporting Actor
i'll be going with High Heat, i mean it's AI/gameplay was way ahead of the competition last year, and if the graphics are at least respectable and the manager options good then i'll be sold.

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
ASB Extras

Somes of these extras sound interesting.

The many extras of All-Star Baseball 2004 include:

Over 100 legendary players including Negro League heroes like Josh Gibson and Cool Papa Bell!
Future stadiums to be erected as your Franchise progresses into later years
Pick-up Game
Scenario Mode
Trivia
Batting Practice
Home Run Derby
Stadium Tours
Multimedia (interviews)
Choose your own player theme music!
Spanish play-by-play
Downloadable rosters (Xbox only/tentative)

Jason Price

Second Unit
Hmm...according to OXM, the MS baseball title is still slated to be XBL enabled. I'm gonna have to keep my eye on that one...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks