What's new

Which band plays Nintendo music? (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
A while back, someone posted links to a couple of songs from a band who played songs from Nintendo games. There was a great version of the Contra theme that I'd love to have a friend listen to. Can anyone remember the name of the band?

Salvador

Second Unit
WTF??? where did this band come from? Awesome renditions though of those old nintendo games!!! I wish they had higher bitrate mp3's though.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Salvador,

Buy their CD!

They are now booked by my friend's company (I guess they get a lot of work for Video Game Conventions)-- and I'm really hoping I can convince them to let me do their next record.

-Vince

Salvador

Second Unit
Are they available here in Canada? I would buy it if i saw it in our local music store. If its sold only in the internet, then i woulnd't be able to purchase it since i don't have a visa/mastercard.

ps. that contra tune is the bomb!!! Brings back so many memories for me!!!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Salvador,

Well, the band is basically a punk rock band- I'd bet if you emailed them and told them that you don't have a visa card, they'd tell you where you could send a few buck, or maybe just send you a free copy if you told them how sweet they are.

-Vince

Salvador

Second Unit
thanks vince, here's what i emailed them
Minibosses,
I have to say that when i saw a thread in www.hometheaterforum.com curiously talking about you guys my curiousity was tickled. So i checked out your website and downloaded your sample songs. BAM, totally incredible renditions of awesome tunes from old games! Nostalgia just hit me right there and then. All my boyhood memories were rekindled in an instant. All those hours trying to beat frankenstein in castlevania, all those hours trying to finish off the awesome last boss in contra pervaded my mind and almost made me cry because of such a rush of emotion. Your renditions of these old tunes are absolutely phenomenal! A unique idea indeed but considerable talent and creativity is also required to pull of a stunt like that. THe Minibosses did it with such emotion and power! If you guys had your CD in my local music store here in toronto, i would buy it in an instant. I don't have a visa/mastercard either so i guess i'll have to live with the low quality mp3's you have posted on your site.
thanks for the revived memories!
Miguel Antonio

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks