Which Axiom speakers for surround back?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Ryan_AS, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Ryan_AS

Ryan_AS Auditioning

Currently working on a new HT. The room is 12' X 26'. The main seating position will be approximately 12-14' from the screen.

I've decided to go with Axiom for the 7.1 setup. The speakers will be mounted on the back wall approximately 8' apart. Question is, which speakers are best for the surround backs, M22ti or QS8?

Thanks

2. Philippe Kline

Philippe Kline Stunt Coordinator

I just recently went w/the QS8's for Surround backs and couldn't be happier; that diffused sound is ideal, IMO, for surround speakers.

3. rob-h

rob-h Second Unit

I have almost the same size room. The qs8's are by far the best speakers I have used in the surround positions. I have a total 6. 2 sides for each row and the 2 rears. They make the movie come alive. You should hear thunder rolling with these...........

4. Philippe Kline

rob-h, what kind of pre/pro-amp setup are you running?

5. rob-h

rob-h Second Unit

Yamaha 5890 running the mains and rears. I run 2 vp150 centers on one BEHRINGER A500 amp and 4 qs8 surround's on another.

6. Philippe Kline

rob-h, wow that is awesome!! I'm hoping to add another VP150 center and another 20-39PC+ when we get a house, but, dude, you've taken it to "extreme-fantasy-level" for me... Got any pics you can email me?? Oh, and what are you using for your mains? I'm guessing M80's...

7. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

I love my QS8's. They provide great surround effects and they are pretty forgiving in their placement.