1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Which amp?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Marchewka, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Dan Marchewka

Dan Marchewka Stunt Coordinator

I have narrowed it down to three different amps to power my Diva's 6.1. Which would you guy suggest?
    Acurus A250
    Acurus A200x3
    nOrh Le Amps (2)
    I can get any of these for under $500. I like Acurus since I have an A200x5 for the other channels, but I just want to power the Diva's to the best of their ability. I am running a Denon 3802 for a pre/pro.
    Thanks,
    Dan

2. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

Dan,
    Unfortunately, I'm not aware of anyone who's directly compared the Acurus amps to Le Amp monoblocks. I'm curious about your own impressions of the Acurus line. If you're happy with the ones you have, why not just get more? I guess I'm curious about why Le Amp is on your list. :) Is there some improvement you're thinking they might provide?
    Sorry I can't offer a more informed opinion. I can tell you about the sonic character of Le Amps, but that's about it.
    Good luck in the search!
    John

3. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Dan,
    Wher can you get the Acurus 200X3 for under $500? That sounds awfully low for that amp. I would like to get one. Maybe you can direct me as to where to go? Thanks

4. Dan Marchewka

Dan Marchewka Stunt Coordinator

I am considering the Le Amps because of the acclaim these amps have been getting. In addition, I have read that monoblocks are actually a little better than multi-amps since they have their own power supply. I like the Acurus A200x5 very much. I figured the A250 would be a little more powerful, while the A200x3 would let me add an SVS sometime in the future at a lower price.
    Dan

5. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Dan, I've tried my 6.1's with both the Bryston 7B's and Citation 7.1 and found just a slight improvement with the Bryston setup. They are so sensitive & good by themselves most 100w up amp(s) should do fine.
    PF