What's new

Which amp with Marantz SR-6300? (1 Viewer)

Mike Parr

Auditioning
I just purchased a set of Paradigm Studio 100 v3. I have yet to hook them up (I just picked them up). I have heard that these speakers are power hungry and I am afraid that the 100wpc amp in the Marantz SR-6300 will not be enough to allow these speakers to sing. I really like this receiver and the way that it works but I would like to upgrade the power. What multi-channel amp could I couple with this setup? I was thinking about somewhere in the area of 200wpc with 7 channels. My current setup is 5 channel but I was thinking that I could bi-amp the Studio 100's. My budget is $1000-$2000 for the amp.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You can hook them up to it and it will work, but I would look at more power for sure. I had a 6200 for 2+ years, a 6300 briefly, and now have an 8300 and I still went with monoblocks for my mains that are probably not as demanding as 100s (my mains are 4 Ohm though). I wouldn't say you'd need 200 for all channels, maybe just for the 100s, possibly the center (especially if you opt for the 570) to keep it relatively even. The 6300 should be able to handle the center and surrounds though.

I picked up my MA500 monoblocks for $300/pr used (6100s can be found for a little more). They are 125w @ 8 Ohms, but since each is only driving one speaker, their power reserve is considerable and I don't have any problems with level or timbre with my center which is identical to my mains.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks