What's new

Which Amp is best? (1 Viewer)

Richie-C

Agent
Looking at buying an amplifier, this will be my first. I am currently running a Pioneer Elite 49tx with Paradigm Studio 100's front, L&R, LCR450 Center, Studio ADP's surrounds and Paradigm Eclipse in the rear back. Also have a JBL subwoofer -- which I am not happy with and will be replacing but that is another post.

I want to buy a 5 channel amp. I am interested in the following: Parasound 2205, Earthquake CineNova Grande, and the Carver Cinema Grand II. Please let me know your opinions.

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
you probably couldn't go wrong with any of those amps, but Parasound seems to be the best for the dollar amount.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I think they are all nice amps as well. The Sunfire is a very good performer for the money. But imho I would get the Earthquake CineNova Grande. IMHO I beleive this amp outperforms the other two and has received very good reviews. This is one of the amps I am looking at for my HT system that will be driving a pair of Altec Voice of the Theater cabnets. Lets us know what you end up with.

Richie-C

Agent
Thanks guys, I am leaning towards the CineNova Grande because of the reviews and the power. Looks like I also need to do some research on Sherbourn amps as well.

TracyB

Grip
Im in the same boat. I have narrowed it down between the Grande and the Sherbourn. If I can find the Sherbourn for under 1500 but cant seem to do thus far I will go for that but if not then I will shell out the 2 grand for the Grande.

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Richie,
I have the same setup as you 49tx/parasound 2205, studio 100s and it sounds great! I think the 100s could use more power like a parasound 3500 if I could find one:frowning: but the 2205 is perfect for the other five speakers although the grande is a fine amp:emoji_thumbsup:
let us know what you get and what you think good luck Bob

Roger Kaufmann

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the Cinenova Grande for about 1.5 years and love it. Nice little (hah!) amp, it can be had for significantly less than list price. I paid $2000 and have seen them new on Audiogon for close to that, in fact I just checked and there was one brand new listed today for $2199. I bought based on it's reviews alone, when I was shopping the only one I even saw wasn't hooked up to listen to. For now I'm using a Sony ES receiver as the pre-amp and have it hooked up to my B&W Matrix 805's for HT. Biggest difference I noticed compared to the Sony was it gave much more detail.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks