What's new

Which Amadeus? (1 Viewer)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I see what you mean...like Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling winning co-MVP in the World Series. Yeah, I could see that for Amadeus.

ErichH

Screenwriter
Another vote for the director's cut. To me, it's better in all areas. A great one from Milos.

E

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Only mentioned twice in the thread so far, don't underestimate the terrif supp that is the isolated score on the first release. As of this typing, Wherehouse has used copies as cheap as $9.99.

And yeah, too bad no seamless branching on the DC. Ironically, I just watched it last night with my partner, who'd only seen it once before, in eager anticipation of attending a live performance of the "Requiem" next weekend. If I were watching by myself, I'd have thought less of the pace and simply enjoyed the music, especially the operas (clearly, the visual opportunities of staging operas was the motivation for Peter Shaffer to use four operas as something of a narrative/organizing strategy in his stage and screenplay, instead of, say, symphonies or masses).

But watching with someone else (who I really wanted to like the fim) made me a little more (self-)conscious bout the film indeed feeling like it 'dragged' a bit more than I recalled from past viewings of the theatrical.

I'm no bit budget expert, but with 'only' a commentary and a nice docu as supps, it sure seems that seamless branching should have been used on this one.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Both versions of the film should have been included on the SE. I have no idea why they weren't. The "extra" scenes are an interesting exercise and worth seeing if you love the movie, but the original was far more elegant in its execution.

This may be blasphemous, but I still own my letterboxed VHS copy, because I don't have to flip it over! The original DVD was so soft that it's almost the same visual experience... :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks