What's new

Which 46"-50: 16:9 TV? (1 Viewer)

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
OK here are the choices. Mitsubishi 46807, Panasonics 47" 16:9, TOshibas new 50" 16:9. I know each set has issues. I am not sure of what the price on the new Tosh will be relative to the other two. I am looking at right around $2000.
I know the Mitusbishi and Panasonic have red push issues which can be corrected. I like the fact that the Mitsubishi is a table top.
What are peoples opinions if they had to choose between these 3.
THanks

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I personally have a Mits 46807. I did not have the other choices when I bought mine but I think I would still get the Mits.
From what I have seen the new Mits stuff is comming out soon and the 46807's are in very short supply so you may need to make your decision pretty soon if you want that one. The new Mits 46809 has a totally different cabinet design - it is gray and looks more "futuristic." Here is a link to the page on Mits' site. The 46809 is at the top and the 46807 is a little further down. I have mine on a piece of furniture that is 22" high because I did not like the looks of the Mits stand and I felt like it was still too low after using the stand up and sit down real slow while observing the percieved brightness technique. I would not go any higher than 22"-24" unless you have some elevated seating though.
All in all I have been very satisfied with it. There is quite a bit of tweaking you can do to these sets to get the picture dialed in. As you know you can ask around here or go to http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/ or www.hometheaterspot.com .
Also, I got mine at Now Audio Video. They will not deal much but should give you a little off the current $1999.00 price although you will have to go in since as a Diamond Dealer they are not allowed by Mits to quote anything but retail over the phone. I dealt with Gerald who is now at the Cary store who was knowlegeable and very helpful and polite. I had what I thought was a slight problem with my set that turned out to be a misconfiguration on my part of the audio menu. When I called them up and asked about it, they were very helpful although they could not diagnose the problem over the phone. I called at about 10:00 AM one morning and the service guy called back he said that he could not get a tech over to my house that day (the next day was a holiday) but that he would send over a new TV no questions asked. I actually told him not to worry as I thought I could wait a couple of days and figured the problem out that night.
------------------

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
Lee,
Did you get it at the now audio and video at cross roads? Just curious. Also, where did you get the stand from?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks