1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Which 42" plasma TV to buy??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Vermilion, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Chris Vermilion

Chris Vermilion Auditioning

I would like a HD ready plasma TV. I am leaning towards getting Panasonic's PT-42PHD4-P after reading some good reviews. Any other models I should consider? Price around $6000-6500.

2. Dan Ponze

Dan Ponze Stunt Coordinator

Panasonic would be my choice. Also take a look as the Pioneer 43 inch. I wouldn't look at anything else personally.

3. Corey Holter

Corey Holter Agent

Those were the two I was deciding between: Panny 42" and Pioneer 43". I chose based on PQ and cost. I have the SD Panny and am very happy with the choice. AVSforum has the best Plamsa discussion on the web.

4. KevinFC

KevinFC Stunt Coordinator

Chris,
    You should also look at the DLP TV's. You get a better picture, no burn-in and more TV for your money. Plus the chip last at least 100,000 hrs. Panasonic makes a good DLP and so does Samsung.I would also recommend Toshiba's LCOS TV but 8K for a 57" might be a bit steep for a RPTV. Something to consider when you are looking towards a purchase.