Which 3rd person shooters will you get?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LanceH, Jul 8, 2003.

1. LanceH

LanceH Agent

There’s a bunch of really good ones coming out (or at least they LOOK like really good ones so far) so which ones do you think will be worth getting?

Kill Switch
    Strike Force
    Red Dead Revolver
    S.W.A.T. Global Strike Team
    DX: Invisible War
    Blow Out
    Syphon Filter
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Starcraft: Ghost
    Mission Impossible: Operation Surma
    Conflict: Desert Sabre

2. Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza Stunt Coordinator

I like what I've read and seen so far about SWAT: Global Strike Team, although I'm pretty sure it's going to be a FIRST person shooter.

I'm just worried that the shouting aspect will get old too fast or that I'll feel too silly yelling at my TV while my wife and kids are asleep.

3. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

Deus Ex isn't third person. And Metal Gear Solid 3 isn't a shooter, it's tactical espionage action. Anyway, I'm looking forward to those, and that Starcraft: Ghost game looks kind of fun.

4. LanceH

LanceH Agent

Well, it seems that I've confused my game types a bit, but let's just say any 1st or 3rd person shooter qualifies for my discussion - I love them both. As for this particular lineup, I'm excited about MGS3 for the graphics and new settings. I'm also glad they're finally making a decent Wild West shooter with Red Dead Revolver. Well, at least it LOOKS decent so far. I'm most intrigued by Kill Switch though - the A.I. sounds like it will better than the usual and I've never seen the offensive cover fire and blind fire tactics in a shooter before (--->http://www.killswitch.com/ -- graphics look nice too).

5. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

Out of those choices, I am most interested in (in order):

DX 2
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Starcraft Ghost

6. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

How about just any action game? MGS isn't a shooter, or if you play it as one you're missing the point and playing it on very easy, else you would not get far.

Also, good tase Chris [​IMG]

7. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

The one I'm looking forward to the most, hasn't been mentioned yet: James Bond 007 in Everything or Nothing

8. LanceH

LanceH Agent

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me about that one. I completely forgot about the new 007 game.... gonna have to add it to my Xmas list!

9. LanceH

LanceH Agent

It looks to me like console will boast the most noteworthy 3PS games, while PC will boast the most noteworthy FPS games (with the exception of Halo 2) - such as HL2, Far Cry, DE2, etc. I'll be a kid in a candy store when all this stuff finally gets here.