What's new

Which 32" would you all recommend? (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Can't speak to the models listed, but I was impressed with Zenith's new pair of 32" direct-view HD sets.

Can't remember the model #s.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
OK, looked at the links.

Those are some fairly low-end sets...but then again I have no idea what you want to use them for.

Sure you don't want a 16x9 mode for DVDs or HD-capability for future use?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
As Frank said it all depends on what your planning on using the set for? If it's going to be your main set I would save up around $100 more & get a Flat-Tube JVC or Toshiba. Both the Flat-Tube JVC & Toshiba also have the 16:9 Mode for DVD's & I've seen the JVC 32" Model AV-32FA44 for as low as $488.88

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hard for me to imagine getting any set these days that does not have HDTV compatibility.

The cheapest 32" HDTV I know of is about $570, well over what seems to be a budget of $400....

Let us know which one you buy. I don't have experience with any modern non-hd/standard sets.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Space is the biggest issue. I measured and I only have about 32" wide and 27" tall to play with, that's why it has to be a 32". I would get the flat screen, but unfortunately all those are a couple inches too wide, and a 27" is too small. The TV is going in the living room in a space above the fireplace that has sort of a half moon shape to it. That's why it can only be 32". Thanks for your help.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
If you want a 32" HDTV set check out the Panasonic "Tau" model CT32HXC43
Wide: 31.9" High: 26.3" Deep: 22.4" Circuit City carries this model & if you fight with them you should be able to get it for around $850

Frank@N

Screenwriter

These dimensions really work for me as well, too bad the set doesn't support Anamorphic squeeze for 16x9 encoded DVD.

Hard to image anyone making a HD set that can't do this but...

Adam.More

Auditioning
I have a cinema series 32 inch...sound and picture are awesome! My father, who LOVES movies, thought I had surround sound!

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Frank, Yes, No 16:9 Mode but maybe you can get into the Service Menu to get it? But that would be one of the trade off's because of the space requirements & yes the Zenith's are nice sets for the money but I don't think there going to fit into the space he has because it would have to be a 32" set that had the speakers on the bottom of the set not the sides.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

I've moaned about that issue in other threads (the almost complete lack of good CRTs with speakers *under* the screen.

I have an EC with about 34" in width which eliminates about 98% of 32" units out there.

It's no bid deal though...when I upgrade from the 27", I'll probably scrap the EC and get something much bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks