Which 24" flatscreen. RCA or Samsung?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Justin Ward, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

I have narrowed my selection for a TV down to 2 choices. Budget is $450 Canadian(absolute max). This basically limited me to 24" flats and curve screen 27". My room is small and picture quality is more important than size to me. So I am going with either an RCA or Samsung flatscreen TV. Which one would you guys go for? My parents have an RCA 27" and the picture quality is quite good(after I calibrated it for them) and the 24" RCA looks good too. However, the Samsung looks less impressive.
    But they are not in the same store and are not calibrated so I really don't think it is a fair comparison. I've heard alot of good things about Samsung around the forum so I inclined to pick that one up and hope the quality is good when calibrated.

So, which 24" flatscreen would you pick?

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Have you considered this toshiba? It has vertical compression for movies which will greatly improve the image you get from DVD's

3. Justin Ward

That Toshiba does look nice. I wonder if I would have to pay PST... if not that price would be doable.

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I think you would likely have to pay tax but when I calculated it it was under $450? If its only a matter of a few dollars spring save up as the compression feature is worth it to maximize the resolution on those anamorphic DVDs

5. Justin Ward

Yeah I suppose the v-compression would be a nice bonus. The Toshiba it is.