What's new

Where's the love for "Dumb & Dumber" on Blu? (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I've got this one sitting downstairs in my HT room, but won't open it until I see some reviews. From what I read, The Mask (also from New Line) had an obscene amount of DNR so I'm somewhat reluctant to break the plastic. I'm not expecting anything revelatory, but definitely wanna see an upgrade over the SDVD version before I take the plunge. Based on recent New Line review delays (Austin Power collection; not just here but on many review sites), it seems as though they're holding back on sending review copies out early yet Warner (their parent company) sends theirs out way in advance. What gives? So, has anyone heard anything about this title on Blu?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
The 'word' on this title from the other forum has not been kind. The PQ has been compared with SD DVD quality, but you always have to take those kind of comments with a grain of salt. Two things are keeping me from buying this title nevertheless: 1) I'm awaiting on a good deal ($15 or less), and 2) there is no theatrical cut on this release.

The later is a big sticking point with me nearing on 'deal-breaker'. I've not scene the 'director's cut' but 'word' has it a lot of the added scenes change the tone of the film from 'playful' to 'spiteful'. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. And I realize I probably will never know until I see it for myself, but the comments of less than stellar PQ and the fact that it is a New Line release (i.e. high probablity for excessive DNR) aren't making me eager to find out.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Presuming I know which "other" forum you're talking about, I'll take that with a grain of salt. Those guys over there tend to be WAY overly fanatical about all things A/V.

As far as the cut of the film, I haven't seen it either, so I can't really comment on it. BUT, after reading the review below, I'm kinda concerned I may not like it. :frowning:

Anyway, here's a recent review:

Dumb and Dumber - Blu-ray Disc Review | High Def Disc News

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babarrun
Recent bookmarks