What's new

Where's the FAME reviews??? (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I'm looking to purchase this one for sure when it's released on the 6th but surprisingly haven't seen any reviews of this one yet? Has anyone seen any??

David

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking to purchase this one for sure when it's released on the 6th but surprisingly haven't seen any reviews of this one yet? Has anyone seen any??
It's not out until 6/3, not "the 6th". Can't speak for others, but I've not gotten a screener yet...

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Insights?

Perfect audio.

Perfect picture with proper film grain.

Proper aspect ratio.

All the technical ingredients are in place.

While not art, a terrific film from Alan Parker, which seems to have gotten better with a bit of age.

Recommended.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
Saw a preview on Entertainment Tonight yesterday that indicated they were doing a story on the FAME DVD this coming Monday.....:emoji_thumbsup:

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Dang... this is a definite and with a Robert Harris seal of approval too! This will definitely be in my collection on the 3rd!!

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
----------------------------------
a terrific film from Alan Parker
----------------------------------

Well, there's always a first time for everything,
??? I haven't seen quite a few of his films, but I loved Birdy and Fame, and I think Midnight Express, Shoot the Moon, and The Commitments are fine films. I know he got a lot of crap for The Road to Wellville, Evita and The Life of David Gale and others, none of which I've seen, but I think you're being a little bit harsh.

Life of David Gale, The (2003)
Angela's Ashes (1999)
Evita (1996)
... aka Evita (1996) (Argentina)
Road to Wellville, The (1994)
Commitments, The (1991)
Come See the Paradise (1990)
Mississippi Burning (1988)
Angel Heart (1987)
Birdy (1984)
Pink Floyd The Wall (1982)
... aka Wall, The (1982/II)
Shoot the Moon (1982)
Fame (1980)
Midnight Express (1978)
Bugsy Malone (1976)
Evacuees, The (1975) (TV)
Footsteps (1974)
Our Cissy (1974)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Almost in time for the new Fame reality show with Debbie Allen as host, which starts this Wednesday with a 2-hour premier.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I have a feeling this will be a movie that ill have to go all the way to borders bookstore next week to find, catalog titles are sometimes scarce around here.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I have scanned through parts of this disc and all I can say is WOW ! I never expected this film to look this good, it's 23 yrs old and looks like it was shot recently!! I don't know what Warner is doing in their film restoration department but everyone else needs to follow suit!!

Also they've done right by the special features. I just love the video commentary viewing option where some of the cast and Alan Parker chime in!

Biggest surprise thus far is that the designer Isaac Mizrahi was in the film (per Alan Parker). Can't wait to get more tidbits when I have a chance for a proper sit down!!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Biggest surprise thus far is that the designer Isaac Mizrahi was in the film (per Alan Parker).
He's in the audition sequence, doing a scene from As You Like It in a jester's cap.

I went through everything except the commentary last night. It's a great disc.

M.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
anyone notice Irene Cara? grin.

will finish watching now.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Finally had a chance to view it :) . I also took a walk through the commentary (very enlightening -- Parker apparently was not well liked by the cast and vice-a-versa). One of my favorites from the 80's with a bit of a 70's flavor :D . Highly recommended per the above discussion and my own observations :D .

Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks