1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Where's the BRAM STOKER documentary on laser disc?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dick, May 11, 2005.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I know I owned this, and I know I didn't pay $100.00 for the Criterion edition. But on a recent eBay win, I got the standard 2-disc set from Columbia and it has only the movie. On what issue is the 30-minute (very excellent) documentary and trailer? Maybe a CAV release?

2. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

Columbia issued two different releases of the film on Laserdisc,a regular barebones edition and a slightly higher priced one that contained extras. Both were 2 discs and the one with extras had the HBO special you mention that btw,was only in snippets on the Criterion release.Catalog number for the one with the docu is #53436. I have the R4 Australian DVD of the film which has the docu in full.

3. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

That would be the "Special Collector's Edition", Tristar catalogue #53436 [the standard edition is 51416; both are 3 sides in a gatefold, but the Collector's Edition was made by DADC Austria instead of DADC USA]. This from LDDb; I have only come in contact with the Standard Edition, and that copy [like two-thirds of everything shipped out the door at Terre Haute, it seems] had a rotted side.

4. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

I have the Columbia Special Collector's Edition LD with the making of documentary. If anyone wants it I would be more than willing to trade it for pretty much any DVD that I don't already have. PM me if interested.