What's new

Where's the BRAM STOKER documentary on laser disc? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I know I owned this, and I know I didn't pay $100.00 for the Criterion edition. But on a recent eBay win, I got the standard 2-disc set from Columbia and it has only the movie. On what issue is the 30-minute (very excellent) documentary and trailer? Maybe a CAV release?

Brett C

Second Unit
Columbia issued two different releases of the film on Laserdisc,a regular barebones edition and a slightly higher priced one that contained extras. Both were 2 discs and the one with extras had the HBO special you mention that btw,was only in snippets on the Criterion release.Catalog number for the one with the docu is #53436. I have the R4 Australian DVD of the film which has the docu in full.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
That would be the "Special Collector's Edition", Tristar catalogue #53436 [the standard edition is 51416; both are 3 sides in a gatefold, but the Collector's Edition was made by DADC Austria instead of DADC USA]. This from LDDb; I have only come in contact with the Standard Edition, and that copy [like two-thirds of everything shipped out the door at Terre Haute, it seems] had a rotted side.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Isn't it amazing that none of this ever made it onto the DVD?

CTHV is the king of triple-dips and they still can't put out an SE.

By chance, I got the LD SC years ago.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I have the Columbia Special Collector's Edition LD with the making of documentary. If anyone wants it I would be more than willing to trade it for pretty much any DVD that I don't already have. PM me if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks