Where's the BRAM STOKER documentary on laser disc?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dick, May 11, 2005.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I know I owned this, and I know I didn't pay $100.00 for the Criterion edition. But on a recent eBay win, I got the standard 2-disc set from Columbia and it has only the movie. On what issue is the 30-minute (very excellent) documentary and trailer? Maybe a CAV release?

2. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

Columbia issued two different releases of the film on Laserdisc,a regular barebones edition and a slightly higher priced one that contained extras. Both were 2 discs and the one with extras had the HBO special you mention that btw,was only in snippets on the Criterion release.Catalog number for the one with the docu is #53436. I have the R4 Australian DVD of the film which has the docu in full.

3. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

That would be the "Special Collector's Edition", Tristar catalogue #53436 [the standard edition is 51416; both are 3 sides in a gatefold, but the Collector's Edition was made by DADC Austria instead of DADC USA]. This from LDDb; I have only come in contact with the Standard Edition, and that copy [like two-thirds of everything shipped out the door at Terre Haute, it seems] had a rotted side.

4. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

I have the Columbia Special Collector's Edition LD with the making of documentary. If anyone wants it I would be more than willing to trade it for pretty much any DVD that I don't already have. PM me if interested.