What's new

Where's the best place to go to fill your Propane Tank? (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I just got my first grill, I picked up a Weber due to all the high recommendations here. The model is a Genesis Gold C. Anyway I never had a gas grill before and don't know these things so where is the best and cheapest place to get a propane tank filled?

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
Strickland Propane in Arlen.

Not only do they sell pronpane, but propane accessories as well.

:D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
go to a gas station/truck/rv stop, they'll have a big propane pig out front. I paid 7.xx in ND for a top off at one place in town that was open late. Most gas stations are only staffed for fills until like 6 or 7 around there.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The 2 places I go to are:

1.) A RV Sales/Service shop.

2.) A U-Haul place.

Both of these are good and fairly reasonable.

LewB

Screenwriter
  • U-Haul
  • Tool Rental Places
  • Welding Supply

Helpful hint - Get a spare tank. The application of Murphy's law to gas grilling says that you will run out of gas either at night or on a Sunday when the above mentioned places are closed. You can go for the 'Blue Rhino' tank swap, but I think they are too expensive.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, all have Propane exchanges,,Bring in your empty tank and they give you a full one..Takes only a few minutes.

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
Is there really a Strickland Propane in Arlan. If so was it there before King of the hill was created.
Is there really an Arlen? I always thought Mike Judge sorta named it after Garland, a suburb down here. Anyone know for sure?

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I think you're right Cal, but the strange thing is how they stayed in a hotel in Arlington during the Propaniacs tour. It doesn't quite fit. But they're fanatics about the Cowboys, the kids go to a school named for Tom Landry, and when the weather is right they can pick up stations from San Antonio. So I don't know quite where they'd be.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Helpful hint - Get a spare tank. The application of Murphy's law to gas grilling says that you will run out of gas either at night or on a Sunday when the above mentioned places are closed.
Good advice for serious grillers. :)

I prefer to have my semi-new tank refilled rather than trade it in for an old rust-buckety looking one. Something to keep in mind if you were thinking about trading it in.

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
I think you're right Cal, but the strange thing is how they stayed in a hotel in Arlington during the Propaniacs tour. It doesn't quite fit. But they're fanatics about the Cowboys, the kids go to a school named for Tom Landry, and when the weather is right they can pick up stations from San Antonio. So I don't know quite where they'd be.
I just meant the name came from Garland. Yeah, I agree with you, I don't think it's supposed to be in this actual area. If I remember correctly, in a couple fo episodes they had to drive a while to get to Dallas. I always assumed it was south of here somewhere, maybe near Waco?

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Since I do work in the Propane and Propane accessories field, I can say that Ferrellgas is the best. But then again, they pay my check.

Look for any propane reseller, and they should be able to take care of you.

FYI, fill your tanks now, boys, because prices are probably going to spike later this summer and into fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks