Where's that CS+ review (for the giveaway winner)? :)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Price, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit

I'm on the pre-order list for a 20-39CS+, but am dying to hear some feedback on the CS+ line from the HTF giveaway winner. So, where is it?? [​IMG]
    SVS guys, any graphs/numbers going up anytime soon? I'm sure you guys have been crazy busy with the holidays and all, but figured I'd ask anyway... [​IMG]

2. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

SVS has said the CS+ will not ship 'til the middle of the month. You haven't read any reviews because they haven't shipped any yet.

Patience.

Bruce

3. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit

Like I said, I'm looking for feedback from the person who won the HTF giveaway. That sub was supposed to ship just after Xmas, and the winner should have it by now (I would guess)...

4. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

[​IMG]

5. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit

You go, stud...

Pardon me for being excited about a major purchase for me...

6. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

Bye, Jason. Hope you enjoyed your stay on the HTF.

7. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit

Whatever.

Might as well just delete this thread, as a simple question resulted in unnecessary thread-crapping...

8. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

I'm interested in seeing the specs/review as well.

What I'd like to see is a side-by-side performance bar graph of the 20-39 CS, PC, CS+, and CS-Ultra. Assume S700 for the CS and S1000 for the CS+ and Ultra.

--Steve

9. JerryIII

JerryIII Stunt Coordinator

Jason,

I am the winner of the CS+/S1000 combo. SVS told me that they are waiting on the supplier and that the ship date will be the end of this month. Chances are that I may have mine about the same time as you. I will be writing a full review of the 20-39CS+/S1000 combo as soon as it arrives and I have had a chance to evaluate it. Actually, I currently have a CS Ultra and I have received an e-mail from another member in Tampa that has a 20-39CS/S700 combo. I will assemble a small group and we compare all three to each other. Stay tuned for the review.

Jerry

10. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

We initially intended to ship the CS+ giveaway by now. Because of circumstances beyond our control...we'll have to wait until the actual production CS+ drivers arrive from TCSounds in a couple weeks.
    The response curves for the CS+ model line is extrmely close to the standard CS model line. The differences only become apparent as the volume levels are increased(over the standard 85-90dB levels used for response checks).
    As the CS/PC line reach their linear port flow limits...the CS+(with about 70% more port area) can still maintain a relatively flat response signature...even at extremely high output levels.
    The recent CS_Ultra measurements posted at
    www.hometheaterhifi.com
    are evidence of this I think. Even though the Ultra is going to have a dB or two more clean output capability overall...the 20-39CS+ is going to sound nearly identical(imo)up to it's impressive performance limits. If we could talk Brian into a *part2* review....of say

11. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Jerry,
    Now all we need is to find someone in the Tampa Bay area that has the 20-39PC. [​IMG]
    Tom,
    Can you hook us up? [​IMG]