What's new

Where's Orgazmo SE?!! (1 Viewer)

StevenFC

Second Unit
Man, I must be from Mars. I think I'm the only guy here that never once cracked a smile at this piece of crapola. I can't believe it's getting the special edition treatment. Well at least if they release this one, that means that they'll release anything. Gotta look on the bright side I guess. I'm happy for everyone that is looking forward to it--but I just don't get it.....

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Just saw this over on CrapTV:
It has been considered MIA and they are making a new one. Fret not patient Orgazmo fans. The print is going to be delivered in January and shortly after the DVD will be released. i have opted not to release any more dvd release dates as every time I do, the studio changes them..The next time you here when the Orgazmo DVD is coming out, it will be over at DVD FILE or Shrine or review or Amazon..or wherever. NOT HERE. Its becoming a bit of a CUBS GOAT curse around these parts, so I am going to keep my trap shut on the matter. These notes that I am working on are FINAL notes and after this delivery I will have nothing more to do with the release except wait with all the rest of you.
Makes me happy that they are willing to delay the release to do OAR, but cmon already.
Read the article here: http://www.crapmag.com/modules.php?o...rticle&sid=138

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for sharing. I have been waiting for this to come out for too long. I wish Universal would have just given this project over to Troma. I have a sick feeling that hwen this ever comes out, Universal will have stripped the commentaries for not being "family friendly."

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Looks like either the new Orgazmo: SE widescreen DVD is cropped on the top & bottom, or the import full frame one from years back is open matte. I guess I'm going to keep the latter for now. I may try to post some comparative screen caps from both soon if anybody cares.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Are Craig and I the only ones who bought this? My first impressions, there isn't a booklet, just a two page ad for other Universal DVDs. I watched Orgazmo one and a half times. The first time with the "Drunken" commentary and half again with the "Cast/Crew" commentary (I had to turn it off to watch Scrubs/The Office). Both commentaries, so far, have there funny moments, but there are some HUGE gaps where no one says anything because they are either drunk or stoned (commentary one) or someone shuts off the mike (commentary two). I'll probably finish commentary two tomorrow, and either listen to the third "Wild" celebrity commentary, or watch all the extras (deleted scenes, documentary, etc.) This weekend if I have time (I'm also looking for a new place to live) i'll check out the "unrated version."

My guess was this was originally an open matte that was cropped for the big screen. I thought it looked fine, but I'm not as picky as a lot of people.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I just got this, but I won't get a chance to sit down with it until the weekend. I did scan it, and the framing looks fine to my eyes as well. I have no idea how it was shot, or for what format it was aimed for, but I think it looks okay.

I had to smile at all the warnings on the extra features, almost everyone had the "Views expressed in this comentary..." warning. I'm used to one warning at the start of a movie, but this was a little rediculas.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
The first time with the "Drunken" commentary and half again with the "Cast/Crew" commentary (I had to turn it off to watch Scrubs/The Office). Both commentaries, so far, have there funny moments, but there are some HUGE gaps where no one says anything because they are either drunk or stoned (commentary one) or someone shuts off the mike (commentary two).
Once again Matt and Trey have made comments in a commentary that won't get pass the studio legal/censors. This is why we only get Mini commentaries on the South Park DVDs. Why should they bother doing full tracks only to have them edited. You can order the uncensored Orgazmo commentary from craptv.com. Here is the link:
http://craptv.com/store/product_info...products_id=45
I can't wait to hear the full commentary track.
--Ian

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The deleted scenes and extended scenes are fun and so is the commentary for the deleted scenes. The extra visual extras are fun too. I think the three commentary tracks could have been edited down to one good track (the Dave Foley part of the "Wild" track might be the best part). I'd like to know more about the CD.

Steven Larson

Stunt Coordinator
Any thoughts on the unrated Orgazmo? I bought the one that was produced in Korea last year, and it is just the film.

I was wondering how different the unrated version is compared to the theatrical version. Is the transfer any better? Is it worth the double dip?

Thanks!

Steve

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Once again Matt and Trey have made comments in a commentary that won't get pass the studio legal/censors. This is why we only get Mini commentaries on the South Park DVDs. Why should they bother doing full tracks only to have them edited. You can order the uncensored Orgazmo commentary from craptv.com. Here is the link:
Hang on... They put out an UNRATED movie on DVD, put those disclaimers all over the place, and the commentary is still censored? Is someone really that worried that after all that, people might not know what they're getting?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's for legal reasons not because of language. I'm sure it was something lame too.
They probably said "I don't like [person X]" And the legal department paniced "Oh my god! He just said he didn't like her. EDIT IT NOW!"
Lawyers have ruined America and now they're going for DVDs:)

Cassy_w

Second Unit
People, I am confused. Why is there an NC-17 version and an Unrated version? What the hell is the difference?! I have no clue which version to watch and I have to return this Saturday.
Please help. :frowning:

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Cassy - "The Orgazmo DVD Box cover proudly boasts TWO versions of the movie - the rated and the unrated version of the movie, but thats not as cool as it sounds because there is only an extra 2 minutes on the new cut" - from the www.orgazmodvd.com site.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
...and just to let you know, Unrated just means that the additional 2 extra bonus minutes were not screened for the MPAA. It does always mean that they are raunchier than in the other version... it's flippin' NC-17 already! :D
ry/

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
The NC-17 cut was the US "Theatrical Cut" (though it played in precious few theaters). This unrated cut seems originate from the European video release. The two minutes isn't any one scene that I can tell, but rather a slightly different editing style throughout, and the sound mix is much different.

I wonder, could this unrated cut actually be a rough cut that Trey and Matt released on video in Europe to raise more money for a US distribution?

Sean Richardson

Stunt Coordinator
People, I am confused. Why is there an NC-17 version and an Unrated version? What the hell is the difference?!
I know that Parker re-edited the film several times, re-submitting it to the MPAA hoping they'd get an R instead of an NC-17 ... so it's possible that, even though the theatrical was released at NC-17, they went back to a "raunchier" cut ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks