What's new

Where's MST3K? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Why haven't these shows been released on DVD by now. I'm aware of the standalone ones that are currently availible but what about season by season sets?

~Kevin

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Season-by-season sets are impossible. For one, the owners of some movies don't want the episodes with their movies rerun, either for financial reasons, or because they think their films are being slandered. Second, they might not be able to acquire the rights to some of the films they showed.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This is one show that can't and shouldn't be in season sets.

What WOULD be a good idea is if there were compilations of shorts and host segments on DVD. Many episodes are duds, but the ones that work are excellent. Each episode is 90 minutes long, so you're talking about 12 discs for season 3,4,5, and 6; 6 discs for 1, 2, 9, and 10, and 3 for 7.

KTMA will never happen due to the episodes being really awful (A host segment compilation would be good, however) and illegally made. They never got permission to use the movies.

The Best thing for Rhino to do is to release host segment compilations, all the already-on-VHS episodes, shorts compilations (all are public domain), and all the WB-owned movies which were riffed (The Black Scorpion, The Painted Hills, and Catalina Caper to name a few)

Considering those options and what is out already, we could perhaps have around half of what was produced. It also depends if Universal would be cooperative with some of their Season 8 films.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
KTMA will never happen due to the episodes being really awful (A host segment compilation would be good, however) and illegally made. They never got permission to use the movies.
I can back up that they're awful. Also, I can't stand not having Frank there and Kevin Murphy on Tom. Freaks me out ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks