Where's Jim Rockford??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dan*T, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Anyone heard any confirming news from Universal about "The Rockford Files"?
    It was apparently in their plans for the near future....

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Still is, as far as I know. I expect it this year, but it could slip until next year. Universal hasn't really updated us about that title, or many of the other ones we're waiting desperately for. But - and I don't mean this as a jab at them (but if the shoe fits...) - I am kind of getting used to that from them.

3. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Hey, Dan T...

This is another one that I'm waiting for hopefully in '05. A great series! I saw that one in Dave L's list on their site.

Dave L, you read my mind about Universal [​IMG] I've sent them a few feedbacks from their Home Video forum "contact" option with only one "generic" response. Hey, I was very positive and complimentary [​IMG] to Universal in the post regarding their releases to date of which I own several but still didn't get any response about particular questions, etc.

(Dave L and Gord know I have an ulterior motive behind the posts to Universal even though I truly feel that way about the positive feedback to them for their current releases [​IMG] Check my "signature" for the hint [​IMG] )

4. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Thanks for the input Jeff.
    I have been trying to email Universal for about two years regarding any prospects (actually begging) for The Incredible Hulk season sets. Of which, I still have no Idea why it hasn't been considered..
    [​IMG]
    I'm also waiting on Simon & Simon from them...

5. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

This site's amazing....that's another series that I'd get on DVD [​IMG]

As for trying to crack the Universal information vault, you sure tried more than I have.....same results. [​IMG]

I've always wondered why some of the studios are so secretive about news/info regarding their upcoming TV/DVD releases. Is it because sometimes plans change often with copyright/legal things and they don't want to announce an "in progress" news item then later have to delay or cancel a relase? If that's the case then I'd certainly understand their motives.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

That's it exactly, Jeff.