What's new

Wheres James Cameron At??? (1 Viewer)

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if this guy has decided to go into retirement or something, I mean comon whats the deal, its been almost 5 years since Titanic and since then weve gotten a lot of wild rumors about him doing Planet of the Apes, Spiderman, Terminator 3, True Lies 2 and one Fox T.V series. Anybody got some news im missing because Cameron is one of my fave directors and I was hoping he would do something Sci-Fi again since his last Sci-Fi movie was T2:Judgement Day back in 91.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Micheal Cimino killed him?
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I'm curious too. Last I heard, he won a sailboat racing competition of some sort.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
My DVD Collection

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
"he won a racing sailboat competition"
Did the boat sink?
Seriously, I would love to know what he's got up his sleeve for his next film after that little known flick he did called Titanic. I too would love to see him do some more sci-fi.
------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Lightstorm has been buying the rights to a lot of Japanese properties
He's going to be shooting True Lies 2 sometime in the next year

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
He's producing that show about the pouty girl who kicks ass. Oh wait, I just described 2/3 of all television shows out there lately. Uh, I think his is "Dark Angel."

I read somewhere he was working on an IMAX project pertaining to the wreckage of the Titanic and the Bismarck. As mentioned before he's also developing True Lies 2.
WiGgLe
biggrin.gif

------------------
My DVD List

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Yes, probably this very instant he's at the bottom of the ocean filming his documentary on shipwrecks. It is indeed an Imax movie, and I think it's even Imax 3-D!
And it's just over 3 1/2 years since Titanic hit screens (Dec 1997). I don't mind wating for him to do his next fiction (whether it be sci-fi or not), he's probably worried about the monstrous expectations after Titanic.

andreasingo

Stunt Coordinator
A month or more ago The Hollywood Reporter revealed James Cameron would begin shooting a new documentary called "Ghosts of the Abyss" in a couple of weeks. That means he's down there now. He will continue investigating the wreck of Titanic and a also German battle ship called "The Bizmark".
Before he commited to this he wanted to do a documentary called "Earthship" which also was a documentary project.
Before he commited to that he was developing his Mars IMAX film "Destination Mars" and miniseries based on the novels "Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue mars" by Kim Stanley Robinson.

Ben_J_L

Stunt Coordinator
"Maybe Micheal Cimino killed him?"
I don't understand this reference, can someone explain?
I'm not a big fan of James Cameron, and only really rate 1 of his films as excellent (T2), Terminator is OK, but really T2 is a copy of it.
The Abbyss and True Lies are OK, and I don't like Aliens or Titanic.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I know Ahnuld is coming back, and I assume Jaimie Lee Curtis and Tom Arnold have nothing better to do. Last I heard it's supposed to come out next summer, but that seems unlikely because he'd have to be shooting now for that to happen
Jeff Kleist

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
In regard to True Lies 2, everything is still in the discussion stage, and while all have expressed interest in a sequel, none have committed yet.
If it happens, it will be at least three years away since James Cameron's slate is pretty full and he works very slowly and meticulously.
Don't hold your breath, I personally do't think it will ever happen.
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Micheal Cimino killed him?"
I don't understand this reference, can someone explain?
Ben
- With no disrespect to Micheal Cimino or James Cameron, this was meant as a joke. Basically speaking, Micheal Cimino hit it big with the Oscar success, The Deer Hunter. But afterwards, Micheal went on to create a commericial and critical bomb, Heaven's Gate. The punchline of the joke was that James Cameron disappeared off the face of the journalistic world after a huge success, much like Micheal Cimino did.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
My DVD Collection

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Would you want to make any more movies if you got to watch Jessica Alba undress?
biggrin.gif

------------------
My DVD Collection

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Isn't he also working on the remake of Solaris. Personally, I find that idea more interesting that a sequel to True Lies.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks